Educational Event Funding Information
You are completing an application for educational event funding. These funds are intended to support large-scale events and activities that have a substantial and targeted educational benefit to attendees. You will be required to respond to a series of questions regarding the deliverables of the event in terms of addressing the TRU Strategic Priorities: Student Success; Economic, Social, and/or Environmental Sustainability; Intercultural Understanding; Community Collaboration; and/or Student Research Capacity.
Educational event grants are a maximum of $5,000.00 and 75% of your event expenses. Expenses eligible for grant funding are:
- Food and beverage expenses
- Entertainment or talent expenses
- Sound and production expenses
- Venue expenses
- Materials and supplies expenses
Before completing this application please ensure that you have reviewed the TRUSU Grant Application Process
and application deadlines
to ensure that you are eligible to apply for funding for this event.
In order to be eligible for this grant you :
- must be a registered club or campus group;
- must have a TRU Faculty of Staff member as a support person;
- must be able to demonstrate need;
- must be able to demonstrate that you can or will secure revenue to cover a minimum of 25% of your event expenses;
- may not have already received a TRUSU Grant for this event or activity;
- may not be receiving course or program credit for the event or activity.
If you have any questions about TRUSU Grants or the application process please contact our Communications Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
or by phone at (250) 828-5289.